How AI(Artificial Intelligence) can power B2B marketing
A benchmark study by Blueshift discovered that AI marketing can enhance client engagement by 7x and revenue by 3x. In another survey, 80% of B2B marketing executives suggest that AI will revolutionize the industry in 2020.
What do B2B marketers need to know about AI and its use cases? Let’s find out.
So far, technological advancements have always helped businesses by creating new opportunities for reaching new clients.
Artificial Intelligence (AI), hands down, has got to be one of the finest technologies, which is creating quite a buzz in the B2B digital space.
The arena of B2B marketing and its future is poised to be touched by Artificial Intelligence. Given its ultimate potential for storytelling and marketing, AI in B2B sales and marketing is here to transform the way people interact with brands, information, and services.
Over the last decade, AI has been widely used by a lot of B2B leaders in the IT domain. Google, for instance, launched its Pixel last year using the potential of machine learning tool called “Doubleclick”. This tool helped the company to increase the number of viewable impressions based on historical data.
As a result, Google saw an enormous hike in placing the most relevant ads to the relevant audience, gaining more impressions with the tool than other campaigns that didn’t use the tool.
Thus, AI allows marketers to predict future outcomes using the previous history that in turn can scale up B2B sales and marketing.
According to the latest Salesforce Annual report, the AI influence on the businesses is skyrocketing.
This blog takes a deeper look into how implementing AI in marketing can revolutionize the B2B marketing world and can escalate business growth.
1. Know every client and personify with a unified view
With the future becoming increasingly connected, the customer view is at a big risk of becoming even more fragmented than before.
They are growing highly demanding of the experiences they receive from their brands of choice. They no more settle for flawed, less-than-perfect experiences anymore and are now quick to switch after one single unfulfilling experience.
Creating a single unified view of clients has never been more important, and is now absolutely imperative for brands to earn their loyalty and business. But, it is easier said than done, particularly with the client’s data scattered across multiple, siloed internal, and external data sources.
To complicate things further, clients these days are using multiple devices and consuming numerous services across various lines of business, making it all much more difficult to get that complete view.
HOW CAN AI HELP YOU?
Artificial Intelligence feeds power to clients.
The implementation of artificial intelligence in B2B marketing will not only help businesses, but it will also empower clients by giving them more than they can expect. This is where B2B marketers can reap insights from their intelligent software and transform it into smart buying decisions for prospects.
AI not only holds power to consolidate and analyze large quantities of data, but also the potential to take client-centricity and 360-degree views to the next level.
The one-to-one future calls for B2B marketers to leverage AI in order to understand and effectively engage with every individual prospect by unifying all their information from various data sources in one place, creating unique client profiles, and identifying the most valuable segments across every channel.
AI further helps to…
- Create well-defined client segments by linking profile attributes (such as industry, title, or company) with observed behaviors (such as attendance at a specific webinar or event)
- Identify the client’s current experience as well as future intent, and trigger alerts when there is a change in the client’s profile
- Comprehend all the information about an individual visitor to your website, everything from firmographic to intent data, and use that to predict the next page they will go to
2. Personalize marketing content and deliver value at scale
Content may have been the king in the past, but today contextual content rules the roost.
With the content deluge facing clients in this hyper-competitive age of information, AI holds the power to measurably elevate a brand’s content strategy and deliver relevant information to their target audiences.
Plus, with 47% of B2B marketers struggling to produce content at a high scale currently, the most logical next step for marketers is to leverage the intelligence of AI and reuse existing content assets efficiently, untap the hidden potential of context and produce new, personalized content at scale.
HOW CAN AI HELP YOU?
- Evaluates all existing online content for gaps and identify new opportunities
- Selects keywords and topic clusters for content optimization across all channels
- Determines insights into the top-performing content-driven campaigns
- Maps client segments that respond better to a content A vs. a content B
- Recommends better resonating content for specific customer segments and at specific points in the prospect’s journey
- Estimates the accurate ROI of new content pieces, and suggests new content ideas based on past content’s ROI
3. Powering Analytics for more persuasive campaigns
B2B marketers traditionally had to analyze consumer data manually and make educated guesses about the future that we’re not always effective and most of the time lacked accuracy. Technological advancements like Artificial Intelligence can enable B2B marketers to learn from the campaigns they’re currently running to fuel better campaigns in the future.
HOW CAN AI HELP YOU?
- AI helps marketers to quickly and automatically draw insights from massive amounts of data to make predictions about the future.
- For instance, AI can help predict which content will elicit the most engagement with a particular audience and which campaigns will drive the most closed deals.
- By scouring reams of data to understand who prospects are and what type of content they engage with, AI tools can further help B2B marketers predict which segments and strategies to pursue next.
- AI tools can boost the effectiveness of an ongoing campaign by highlighting underperforming content and more compelling alternatives.
- Google Cloud, an AI-enabled analytics platform can empower your business while eliminating constraints of scale, performance, and cost. It helps you gain real-time insights that improve your decision-making and accelerate innovation.
4. Arming your sales team with relevant insights
B2B Marketing Automation has its certain limits since typically only a sales rep can finally have a 1:1 conversation and close a deal.
In this scenario, AI helps marketing teams by allowing them to provide their colleagues (sales rep) with valuable insights about prospects, all throughout the sales cycle.
HOW CAN AI HELP YOU?
- AI can provide your sales colleagues with information about organizational and industry dynamics, identification of key decision-makers, and key prospects.
- AI can also help marketing teams share information about the levels of engagement by analyzing the client’s past records.
- The interaction between marketing teams and sales reps is a positive outlook since sales reps can tackle this information and come up with actionable insights.
5. Optimize every journey and engage real-time across channels
70% of B2B marketers believe that AI-powered applications will ultimately be used to “improve and accelerate the buyer’s journey by recommending the next best actions.”
B2B Marketers and consumers, both want the same thing today and tomorrow: a simple, intuitive, and valuable experience every time, everywhere.
This may seem easy to achieve today, but in the one-to-one future where every client will eventually demand seamlessness in every journey and across every channel, this could be exhausting than it appears.
Intelligent buyer journey orchestration, as a result of AI-powered decision-making, can prove to be one of the most transforming strategies for B2B marketers in the years to come.
An MIT Technology Review Insights survey of 600 B2B executives reveals that 9 out of 10 companies have put this in motion and are using AI to improve their client journeys.
And they’re not wrong.
HOW CAN AI HELP YOU?
- AI can fuel a smarter way of engineering by optimizing every individual cross-channel customer journey thus helping marketers make faster, data-backed decisions at the right place and right time.
- It maps the various events affecting different stages of the user journey from purchase consideration to advocacy
- Evaluate trends and behavior patterns for every customer at every stage of their journey.
- Identifies which paths are and aren’t performing well and optimize those which aren’t
- Measures the average revenue and track the number of unique users who take a specific journey
- Delivers the next-best offers and make recommendations in real-time to specific users/segments at certain stages of their journey
- Executes an important campaign based on customer-specific channel preferences
- AI facilitates real-time data analysis in place. CEO of Adinton confirms Artificial Intelligence has triggered new opportunities for making a smart online marketing budget. According to him, such intelligent technology fetches real-time data 24/7 allowing companies to analyze it for generating powerful, actionable insights.
6. Employing conversational agents for lead generation
Today, the backbreaking competition makes it mandatory for every business to adopt innovative technology. It’s crucial for B2B businesses to catch a unique trend to be early enough to grab profit immensely and maintain a successful algorithm for the long term.
For a couple of years, AI conversational agents like chatbot technology development have emerged as the most followed trend.
Business Insider confirms that 80% of the enterprises will want personalized chatbots by 2020 which will help them save a cost of $38 billion in the process.
HOW AI CAN HELP YOU?
- Conversational AI platforms like Chatbots can engage in personalized conversations with multiple customers at a time around the clock thus reducing the need for human agents’ availability 24/7.
- Conversational AI bots can be scaled up to tackle a sudden increase in the volume of user queries without requiring the B2B firms to hire more human resources. This saves money and time in hiring human resources for the firms.
- AI enables conversational computing and Google relies on machine learning technology to reinvent its existing smart products like Google Maps and Google Assistant.
- For instance, Google Assistant is one great example of progress made in the area of artificial intelligence as it offers conversational experience by making a personalized version of Google for every user. Using the elements of speech recognition and natural language processing, it helps people with their daily tasks such as gadget controls, calendar management, personal outings, and meetings, etc.
Without any doubt, AI in B2B sales and marketing is the future growing visible to all spheres. All the practical use cases suggest that the blend of AI and machine learning can help in managing the wild flow of data for businesses to create real-time predictive models. And it effectively engages with customers while simultaneously gaining a competitive advantage.
Top-notch marketers will harvest new opportunities by using artificial intelligence in B2B sales and marketing by being a great storyteller.
Our sales and marketing consultancy firm can assist you while implementing AI into your B2B marketing strategy, certainly pushing the boundaries of creativity, crafting an interactive user experience that will ultimately boost your business revenue.
Let’s get started!