Digital Marketing for the Automotive Industry – All You Need to Know
The global B2B automotive industry is a perfect mix of superior marketing, designing and manufacturing. Digital Marketing is sure to work wonders for the sector!
The Automotive sector is facing a sea change driven by factors like digital transformation, the use of alternate energy resources and being transformed from a good, to more of a service.
The Automotive Industry – in a Nutshell
The industry has contributed significantly to shaping up the global economy. Be it in terms of employment opportunities, overall growth, or technological innovations, the sector has been in flux.
Major innovations like automation, telematics, ADAS and artificial intelligence have flooded the industry.
Although 2020 has been harsh on automobiles, with the COVID-19 pandemic set to drive down sales by 14 percent, according to statistics, global figures will reach around US$ 9 trillion by the year 2030.
The faster the growth, the greater the necessity of target marketing for industry-specific manufacturers.
Why Is Digital Marketing Critical to the Automotive Industry?
Digitization has brought forth hyper-informed buyers to an already competitive marketplace.
As is evident, digital and mobile channels drastically influence buyers’ decision-making nowadays.
With escalated demand and stiff competition around, vendors are compelled to market through digital platforms.
Although the automotive sector has made some progress in this regard, it is still lagging behind many others.
Why Digital Marketing Has Replaced Age-old Methods
The auto sector is inclining towards Digital Marketing because of its uniqueness over age-old methods:
- For the auto sector, digital marketing costs a fraction of traditional marketing methods and is twice as effective in revenue-generation.
- Through digital marketing, auto-parts suppliers can judge best possible ways to place advertisements and tap aggregate search sites.
- Digital marketing helps companies to build a demographic profile of their potential leads.
- Digitization enables suppliers to create personalized experiences for individual clients, which implies improved chances of lead conversion.
- Digital marketing helps measure results of ad campaigns for suppliers.
Digital marketing is gradually evolving as a popular technique for the automotive sector as suppliers are realizing that it is more about customer retention than just a one-time trade.
Market Trends Drive in Digital Marketing
B2B decision-makers are increasingly indulging in digital R&D, getting all requirements just at the click of a button. On the one hand, they are pressurized to make the right choice from a wide range of options.
On the other hand, immense market potential and cut-throat competition are compelling auto-parts manufacturers to put in their maximum, in standing out and delivering the best in the shortest possible time.
All that is needed to stay ahead in the competition, is effective B2B branding.
And what better way to achieve it than through digital marketing?!
It ensures a smooth purchase experience for customers and higher lead conversion for suppliers. What’s more, happy customers come back for future deals as well.
For real-time marketing solutions, OEMs and auto-part manufacturers tie-up with marketing solutions providers too.
What Digital Marketing Means for the Automobile Sector
Digital marketing is a prerequisite for B2B automotive businesses to flourish.
It enables effective brand building and thus, drives up sales.
Digital Marketing & Effective Brand Building
- Visibility / Awareness – First and foremost, digital marketing helps you get noticed. Without an online presence, it is so easy to get lost in a sea of competition.
- Differentiation – Effective branding differentiates you from your competitors. It helps you to cut through the market noise and connect with customers at different levels. It simplifies the buying process for your customers. Your strong brand value becomes the customers’ compass for better decision-making in a complex and confusing marketplace.
- Engagement – Effective online branding and positioning enable to rightly engage potential leads. It helps you to tap directly into the buyer’s emotional requirements.
- Loyalty – B2B transaction is complex. It is a corporate-to-corporate selling process. This means OEMs need to interact with an array of suppliers before a deal is finalized. Therefore consistency and integrity help you earn customer loyalty, which is critical for any business.
- Value – Branding increases your product value in a highly competitive B2B marketplace.
Digital Marketing Methods Used by the Industry
Some of the digital strategies that are used by the automotive industry the following.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – A comprehensive SEO strategy will help buyers easily find your brand. With SEO, you can optimize anything from website copy to ad campaigns, to social media posts.
- Mobile Website – Mobile phones are the most used digital platforms. Get your websites optimized for mobile platforms.
- Social Media – Increase your social media presence. Provide valuable data and real-time indicators to your leads so you can build brand loyalty, boost customer experience, and effectively influence customer decisions too.
- Content Marketing – Industry-specific manufacturers can provide niche product information – features, price, etc. through engaging blog posts and articles which can then be circulated through popular social media channels. This helps answers specific queries of your target audience.
- Email Marketing – It induces website traffic and boosts sales.
- Video Marketing – This method is especially useful for auto-parts manufacturers. It helps explain the functionalities of machine parts better, can be shared widely, and has a very high reach.
- Webinars – Webinar is an effective medium for engaging and informing potential leads to your latest R&D activities.
The B2B automotive sector should ultimately execute an effective omnichannel strategy for greater market penetration.
What the Future has in Store for the Automotive Industry
First-of-its-kind technologies like Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) could play a major role in future innovations of B2B Digital Marketing for the automotive sector. A car interiors manufacturer, for example, could make its potential customers have a look and feel its products, through AR and VR.
Such days in the Digital Marketing arena are not quite far away!
The adversities the global economy is going through at present, is an indicator for all businesses, including automotive, to engage in digital marketing strategies, to bounce back sales and ROI.
Embrace Digital Marketing and watch your brand perform! Unsure about future strategies? It is best to consult expert B2B sales and marketing consulting firms and seek their professional opinion for best-in-industry solutions to all your marketing needs.
For more information,
and we will be more than happy to help!